[Strawbale] Plaster and fire safety -And PU question

Dear Andre and Bane

Plaster and fire safety:www.svepomocnastaveni.cz/?p=81
Bane: Using my typical level of diplomacy (which is not unlike what's now publicly displayed by Wikileaks!), I suggested he rather promoted his skills here: www.darwinawards.com (!) [Unfortunately they don't hand out pre-mortal awards!]

Andre: Yes, lovely with a free world and all that jazz; problem is that such actions has much further reaching effects than the personal one. I've witnessed how in Denmark SB building is [Generally!] for the left wing do-it-yourself'er, which several SB folks believe is due to the effect SB building was introduced in DK; Through Steen Mollers lovely TV documentary, making a small cottage in his backyard. I love it, but fact is SB building can do so much more. Opposite; in countries such as Austria, Switzerland and Belgium, it's my impression that SB building [Generally!] is for the wealthy folks who can afford a fine architect custom build low-energy house. Also good, but it excludes the main stream.

My concern is that I'd love SB building in CZ to be attractive for the mainstream. They won't care much for the ecology of the straw, but for the final low-energy modern house, and preferably at a lower cost than the once they currently invest in, made from unsustainable materials made by foreign owned companies. This brings me back to the issue of the unplastered house. Should it burn, (and worse; kill someone), it will be virtually impossible to pursuade mainstream to move into a house with SB's in the walls. -It's bad enough that we have to pay 150% in fire insurance already!!

Lastly PU:
Kurt: What's your information about toxicity of Poly Urethan? (Used as glue in OSB). As an Ing. in Environmental Management, I'd instantly point at the lifecycle issue of it; how the heck do you separate the stuff, in order to dispose/recycle the items separately???? Any solutions for that, Herbert? ;o)

Cheers,
Max