[Strawbale] Plaster and fire safety

Lovely to see the very good answers here from all of you.

On a slight different note, especially in response to Jeff's statement:
2.  Plaster increases the fire resistance of bales exponentially.
Without it you are risking losing your home from something as simple as
a electrical short.  If the bales are not sealed with plaster they will
ignite much easier.
As an international networker and builder in a country where SB houses are still a novelty (25 family houses in total), I'm very concerned of potential for negative media coverage. The worst imaginable I can think of is someone dying in a SB house fire. Not only fatal for the ones in the fire, but also for the general view of SB building in the country, especially by decision makers/permission providers.

With this in mind; Have a look at www.svepomocnastaveni.cz/?p=81 , where you'll see a full time occupied un-plastered SB house with wooden interior walls, build by owner. The owner (A self-proclaimed consultant and instructor in natural building) refuses to plaster it, and is able to inspire many to follow his very cheap and fast example. Any suggestion what to do about such situation? [Apart from using it as a fire test for next ESBG?]

Cheers,
Max