[strawbale] retrofit

Date sent:      	Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:01:21 +0100
Subject:        	[strawbale] sorry
From:           	Herbert Gruber <d.sign@aon...>
To:             	<strawbale-l@eyfa...>
Send reply to:  	strawbale-l@eyfa...

> A question to you all: has anyone experiences with strawbale-retrofits?
> I´m looking for informations about dwelling-projects, barns and halls,
> insulated with strawbales.
Hello Herbert/ others,

We did a retrofit  four years ago, in a big concrete building which
had been demolished partly.
It's an outside wall, first floor.We put wooden beams on the floor
with long long nails (upside down) as bottompins in them. On this
we just build the wall.

To compress it we used the things you heighten a car with (don't
know the english word ;jack??)and filled the top bit.
It is left unstuccoed on a very open and windy terrain and is still
functioning very well.
Furthermore I never heard of anyone.

Herbert: we consider to make a lastminute jump to the conference;
would that be possible for you?
Springgreetings Jolien