[strawbale] European Strawbale Gathering 2002

Title: European Strawbale Gathering 2002
Dear strawbalers

European Strawbale Gathering 2002
(more info about the program: http://www.baubiologie.at/asbn.htm)

Time to arrive
Some of you are already booking flights to the  European Strawbale Gathering in April 04 ­ 07.2002. In order to find the right time/connection to join the Gathering on
1) Thursday morning, 04.04.2002 for joining the (small) workshop-day
2) Thursday evening, 04.04.2002 for joining the Gathering one night before the regular/international Gathering, or
3) Friday morning, 05.04.2002 for joining the international Gathering until 9.00 a.m. (before it begins),
find your best way to travel/fly to Austria/Wachau/Wösendorf on our homepage:
http://www.baubiologie.at/asbn/timetable.html
If you can´t find the right train/bus/connection, please email us and we will inform you of other special travel-connections.
If you want to look for other train connections by yourself, have a look at: http://www.oebb.at, the official site of the Austrian trains (only in german).

Sleeping places/rooms/prices
We try to arrange sleeping places on site for free (mattress in common room or tipi) and you even can bring your own tent.
If you want more comfort and want to book your own room in one of the private lodgings in or near Wösendorf, please send us an email: asbn@aon.... Prices per night incl. breakfast are approx. Euro 22,­ (maximal Euro 25; the sooner you book, the better price you get). Please hurry up, because Wachau is a touristic attraction in Austria, so we have to book rooms as soon as possible.

Prices for joining the Gathering
We will have two prices for the Gathering. A cheap one for international guests and a more expensive for Austrian guests. We still don´t know the exact prices, but it will include (all prices per person):
2 bus-travels to strawbale houses on friday and saturday: Euro 15
if you arrive on thursday: 3 x breakfast and lunch: approx. Euro 44
if you arrive on friday morning: 2 x breakfast and 3 x lunch: approx. Euro 40
contributions for documents/organisation: approx. Euro 14
We try to arrange meals (fire place on site) in the evening for free, if you want to go to a "Heuriger" (winery with possibility to eat), its on your own bill.

You see, we try to make the Gathering as cheap as possible for international guests, all in all it will be a maximum amount of Euro 73 per person, if you sleep on site in your own sleeping-bag.

To all national networkers/strawbalers:
Each European strawbale network is invited, to arrange 45 min of presentation (in german or english), which should include:
a dia- or CD-Rom-presentation of the most interesting strawbale-houses of your country,
the most interesting experiences in strawbale construction of the last year.
The whole presentation lasts max 1 hour incl. 15 min of discussion.
We try to translate the presentations parallel in german or english, so all presentations/discussions will be in both languages. We surely do better, when you send us the texts in front.

If you have an own presentation, which you think, is very interesting for us all, please send an email with a short description and the time, you need for it, so we are able to plan the private evening-presentations.

Best wishes and please inform us as soon as possible, if you are able to join the Gathering,
Herbert & Astrid Gruber, asbn
Markus Piringer, Global 2000

asbn austrian strawbale network
herbert & astrid gruber