re: [strawbale] official invitation to EU-Gathering

Hi,

Coralie and I will be joining the gathering in Austria. If all goes well we should have a new slide projector by then, one that makes the slides fade into each other, rather than the hypnotic black pauses. We'll bring our slides from the US-SB trip we just did.

Hope to meet you all there!
Andre

Want to make God laugh?... Tell him your plans.

> Dear Strawbalers
>
> This is the official invitation to the next years European Gathering.
>
> After your votes for the warmer date and the suggestions, to make it not on
> Easter weekend (because of family-matters and higher prices for
> international flights and accomodation) we decided to make it April, Friday
> 5th - Sunday 7th.
>
> It will take place in the beautiful Wachau on the Danube (where Austria´s
> best wines come from), 15 min from Dürnstein, the village is called
> Wösendorf.
>
> The programm is the same as mentioned before:
>
> Thursday: strawbale basics, small workshop, primarly for interested
> people in the region (Austria, Czech Rep., Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary,
> maybe Germany,...)
>
> Thursday evening or Friday morning (until p.m. 9´ clock): arrival of our
> international guests
>
> Friday and Saturday:
> half day European project-presentations: each national strawbale-
> network arranges max. 45 min presentation of the most interesting
> projects and experiences in their country
> half day exkursions to Austrian strawbale-houses
> evening: individual dia-shows of European strawbale-house-projects
>
> Sunday: 5 seperate working groups discuss:
> 1) new experiences concerning installation (electricity, plumbing) and wall-
> systems (incl. plastering bale walls)
> 2) revitalisation of old houses, barns, halls,... and retrofitting with
> strawbales
> 3) techniques of low-energy-buildings and passive-houses with
> strawbale insulation
> 4) development-cooperation-projects
> 5) new tests, EU-projects
>
> each working group is started with a short expert-report (15 min)
> The results of each group will be presented to all the participants
> afterwards
>
> sunday afternoon/evening: departure
>
> More details and prices (we try to keep it as small as possible)
> are following soon.
>
> Best wishes from Austria
> Herbert
>
> Astrid & Herbert Gruber (ASBN)
> Markus Piringer (Global 2000)

La Maison en Paille
Information Center on ECO-LOGIC Habitat

Andre & Coralie de Bouter
Le Trezidoux
16290 Champmillon
Charente, France
Tel. (0)5 45 66 27 68

m.ep@laposte...
www.la-maison-en-paille.com

We are currently building our Straw Bale house/'hotel' to receive people for guided tours, Straw Bale workshops, as well as other workshops.
We offer multimedia presentations on SB construction and are working on a (copyright free) CDrom on Natural Construction.