[strawbale] grape vine

Hello everybody-
news got to me through the grape vine that a strawbale house in Switzerland
has serious problems. Supposedly it is completely eaten up by insects and
rodents. I don't know which house that is, only that it is big and very
expensive and that the architect has disappeared. The story I was told was
really wild and probably only half of it is true.
Does anyone know anything about it?
Discussion and analysis of problems and failures is crucial if we want to
carry strawbale construction somewhere, is what I think.
Best wishes,
Axel Linde.