[strawbale] Straw-bale enquiry. Only open email from Maria Hoeve. No attachment sent. Possible virus !

Dear Folks;
Firstly, I apologise for the message in English. My spoken Dutch has
improved enormously, but my written Dutch is still poor. So as to avoid
confusion, I will do it in English. Thanks !
The reason I write, is to let you know as part of the "straw-bale community"
very good news concerning our straw-bale shed at MARIA HOEVE, here in Happy
Hoenderloo-loo city.

   As some of you may know, we had a tough year last year, with the council
and the fire-department with the straw-bale shed. In the 2nd week of August
last year, fire and council authorities responding to a complaint, declared
the shed a fire-hazard and dangerous. This news ended up on the 3rd page of
De Volkskrant which was not a wonderful advertisement for straw-bale in
general. However, we continued with negotiations with both the fire
department and council, and did not allow them to pass negative judgement
over subjects that they did not know about. They were reasonable in the end,
and we were able to gain permission to open to the straw bale shed to the
public as well as continue with the community work of Stichting Maria Hoeve,
once we have passed the final fire regulations {most which are fair enough
considering the disaster at Vollendam in 2000}

    So therefore we are now hoping to promote straw bale building
POSITIVLEY, with those who wrote negatively in 2001. We have a foot in the
door, having met some of the journalists concerned, who said to contact them
with any developments.

   So that our information is correct for publication, can any of you answer
the following questions;

1. How many official straw-bale buildins are there now in Holland ???
2. What is their bestemming?  B.v woon huisje, schuur, vergarderings ruimte
3. What are the approximate sizes of these buildings
4. What was the first reaction from council\brandweer
5. Are any as yet open to the public for usage. If so where and what for.

  Thankyou very much for your time. I hope to use this opportunity to really
promote the concept of straw-bale building so that others can use the
information\articles to further promote enviromental building. Naturally,
the article also hopes to promote the community work of the Stichting, under
the theme of "co-operation not competition"

     The article will be promoted after the final approval isn given in
early March, we hope.

  Regards

Andy Blackett

Stichting Maria Hoeve