re: [strawbale] grape vine

Hi Axel,

To my knowledge there is only one SB house in Switzerland. We visited it spring 2000, you can find pictures of it on our website. It was  looking very good. The occupants were living in it and happy with the result. The outside was in the finishing stage, and I'm confident that it is properly finished by now.
It sounds like a false story to me, check with Rudi Kunze the architect and builder, who is part of this mailing list. Try German.

> Discussion and analysis of problems and failures is crucial if we want to
> carry strawbale construction somewhere, is what I think.
Me too.

Bye,
Andre

> Hello everybody-
> news got to me through the grape vine that a strawbale house in Switzerland
> has serious problems. Supposedly it is completely eaten up by insects and
> rodents. I don't know which house that is, only that it is big and very
> expensive and that the architect has disappeared. The story I was told was
> really wild and probably only half of it is true.
> Does anyone know anything about it?
> Discussion and analysis of problems and failures is crucial if we want to
> carry strawbale construction somewhere, is what I think.
> Best wishes,
> Axel Linde.

La Maison en Paille
Information Center on ECO-LOGIC Habitat

Andre & Coralie de Bouter
Le Trezidoux
16290 Champmillon
Charente, France
Tel. (0)5 45 66 27 68

m.ep@laposte...
www.la-maison-en-paille.com

We are currently building our Straw Bale house/'hotel' to receive people for guided tours, Straw Bale workshops, as well as other workshops.
We offer multimedia presentations on SB construction and are working on a (copyright free) CDrom on Natural Construction.