re: [strawbale] Straw-bale enquiry.

Dear Andy,

Thanks for sharing!

Could you change my email from "André de Bouter" <droef@hotmail...>" to
m.ep@laposte...

For the non Dutch: the disaster at Vollendam in 2000 was a fire that broke out in a jampacked bar that was unsafely decorated with flamable paper decorations. People got killed and hundreds got injured. So although the plastered SB don't burn, be careful what you do inside.

Bye,
Andre

P.S  I agree with Axel Linde that it is important to share also the 'bad news'! Wich, as some people say, is only good news wearing a mask.

> Dear Folks;
> Firstly, I apologise for the message in English. My spoken Dutch has
> improved enormously, but my written Dutch is still poor. So as to avoid
> confusion, I will do it in English. Thanks !
> The reason I write, is to let you know as part of the "straw-bale community"
> very good news concerning our straw-bale shed at MARIA HOEVE, here in Happy
> Hoenderloo-loo city.
>
>    As some of you may know, we had a tough year last year, with the council
> and the fire-department with the straw-bale shed. In the 2nd week of August
> last year, fire and council authorities responding to a complaint, declared
> the shed a fire-hazard and dangerous. This news ended up on the 3rd page of
> De Volkskrant which was not a wonderful advertisement for straw-bale in
> general. However, we continued with negotiations with both the fire
> department and council, and did not allow them to pass negative judgement
> over subjects that they did not know about. They were reasonable in the end,
> and we were able to gain permission to open to the straw bale shed to the
> public as well as continue with the community work of Stichting Maria Hoeve,
> once we have passed the final fire regulations {most which are fair enough
> considering the disaster at Vollendam in 2000}
>
>     So therefore we are now hoping to promote straw bale building
> POSITIVLEY, with those who wrote negatively in 2001. We have a foot in the
> door, having met some of the journalists concerned, who said to contact them
> with any developments.
>
>    So that our information is correct for publication, can any of you answer
> the following questions;
>
> 1. How many official straw-bale buildins are there now in Holland ???
> 2. What is their bestemming?  B.v woon huisje, schuur, vergarderings ruimte
> 3. What are the approximate sizes of these buildings
> 4. What was the first reaction from council\brandweer
> 5. Are any as yet open to the public for usage. If so where and what for.
>
>   Thankyou very much for your time. I hope to use this opportunity to really
> promote the concept of straw-bale building so that others can use the
> information\articles to further promote enviromental building. Naturally,
> the article also hopes to promote the community work of the Stichting, under
> the theme of "co-operation not competition"
>
>      The article will be promoted after the final approval isn given in
> early March, we hope.
>
>   Regards
>
> Andy Blackett
>
> Stichting Maria Hoeve
>
> ----- Original Message -----From: "Martin Oehlmann" <martin.oehlmann@wxs...>
> To: <strawbale-l@eyfa...>; "Tom Rijven" <tomrijven@hotmail...>; "Renz
> Pijnenborgh VIBA" <archiser@euronet...>; "Rene Mooij" <rene.mooij@icu...>;
> "Pieter van Gelder" <P.vanGelder@ct....nl>; "Mariahoeve"
> <mariahve@euronet...>; "Manon Danker" <mf.danker@psy....nl>; "Leontine
> [...]

La Maison en Paille
Information Center on ECO-LOGIC Habitat

Andre & Coralie de Bouter
Le Trezidoux
16290 Champmillon
Charente, France
Tel. (0)5 45 66 27 68

m.ep@laposte...
www.la-maison-en-paille.com

We are currently building our Straw Bale house/'hotel' to receive people for guided tours, Straw Bale workshops, as well as other workshops.
We offer multimedia presentations on SB construction and are working on a (copyright free) CDrom on Natural Construction.