[strawbale] virus prevention and junk mail

Hello all,

I have had very little email access recently, so sorry for not getting
back about all this virus stuff sooner.

As I am in Spain, there are some list admin things that I cannot do from
here, one of which is changing the configuration of the list to prevent
attachments from being sent.

So I have written to my friend in Amsterdam asking him to change this. I
have not heard back yet, but hopefully it will get done soon. I have also
asked him about installing virus detection software on the list server,
but I don´t know if this is possible or not.

There also seems to be an organisation called something like Vorbant
which has somehow got hold of the strawbale list addres and subscribed it
to an annoying junk email service. I am trying to remove it now, but you
may get some messages in the meantime. I don´t know how they did this and
I hope it won´t happen again.

I guess things like these are the downside of our wonderful information
age!!

Cheers,
Simon