Re: [strawbale] The Last Straw would like European input

:
> -I believe there are 2 open air museums in The Netherlands with traditional (and therefore natural) buildings, but I don't have their address. Harald?.....

There is one open air museum in Eindhoven with Iron Age houses, not very
different from the first neolithic structures, if he wants to see how
houses started off in northwestern Europe, 7000 years (Neolithicum)ago.
Longhouses of early farmers. Wood, lots of mud, straw or reed roofs.
If he wants to see something more sophisticated,say 19th century, its
good to see open air museums in Germany, showing a lot of wattle and
daub constructions, for example in Kommern,in the Eifel mountains of the
german state of  Northrhine Westfalia. (When he sees all these tiny
houses with these low ceilings and microscopical small windows he will
understand why so many people left Europe these days).
http://www.kommern.lvr.de/index.htm
But there is also THE Dutch Open Air Museum in Arnhem.
http://www.openluchtmuseum.nl/
Harald