Re: [strawbale] Re: SB sound barriers

At 03:42 PM 8/23/01 +0200, you wrote:
Dear Catherine, dear all,
Due to several requests
am I looking for information about  soundwalls made from strawbales
along noisy roads or freeways.
I heard that something like that might already exist in California, but
I could find nothing on the net.
In the Netherlands and in Germany is a high need for sound barriers,
since the sound pollutions is rapidly increasing.
 The good news: we have a fantastic straw harvest in these parts of the
world this year. Probably not only here.
Harald

Hi Harald,

Yes, I believe there IS a freeway sound wall in CA.
I have forwarded your email to Maurice Bennett, Director of CASBA <MBenn1035@aol...> and asked him to reply to you.

Also, in TLS #34 there is a short piece about a soundwall of bales built at the Albany, NY airport.
Need more info there?  I could dig it out.

Also, I think in Santa Fe, NM there was such a sound wall built.  Will check that out, too.

warm regards,
Catherine