[strawbale] Re: Down Under News

Hello ESBN -

FYI, the email below from John Glassford  indicates that the 2002 International SB Corroboree in Australia is now scheduled for Dec 1-5.

And here are some of his plans............

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:34:48 +1000
From: Huff 'n' Puff Constructions <huffnpuff@shoal....au>
To: Catherine Wanek <blackrange@zianet...>
Subject: Re: Down Under News

G ' day                     ................... re the proposed 2002
SB Corroboree here in Ganmain and Wagga Wagga

 I will keep you at TLS posted on our progress.
 However one thing is for sure we will hold the 'Corroboree' from the 1st of December
for five days.

Looks like I am getting support for the Hall of Conciliation
to be built during the conference.  One hurdle to go and
that is the blessing of the local Wirajuri Nation.  I hope
to meet with them next week.  Once I have their blessing
then I will be able to send you regular reports.

It is still my overall goal to make this a conference for
the developing Nations of the planet and with that in mind I
would appreciate your honest criticism.  The problem is one
of distance and cost to get here.  The other problem is
those delegates who can afford to come and pay the fee would
probably not want to come as their interest would be the top
end of town.  What would you do?

The Charles Sturt University in Wagga Wagga will provide
accommodation and conference facilities.  We will build the
Hall of Conciliation here in Ganmain so I thought that we
could break the conference up into building in the mornings
and back to Wagga for the afternoon and evening
presentations of papers etc.  I am getting a lot of support
and so far I have the following USA/Canada 'gurus'
intimating that they will come:

David Eisenebrg
Matts and Judy
Athena and Bill
Chris Magwood

The following organisations are behind me:

Charles Sturt University
Wagga Wagga City Council
The Coolamon Shire Council

I have written to and made contact with:

The Salvation Army
Australian Council For Overseas Aid
The Nelson Mandela Foundation South Africa
Ausaid (dealing with China)
Australian Greenhouse Office

Any others that you can think of from a world point of view?

My secret dream is for Bill and Athena to bring Rebecca and
Carlos with them!  Remember you can only go as high as your
dreams.

We are concentrating on workshops and have had enough of
working for the wealthy who build for the fashion.  ..........

Jack's Flat is looking great some 200 sq.m. up now in five
buildings including my round hut with a reciprocal roof
frame.  I hope to thatch this with Ganmain Sheaves of
wheaten hay.

Miss you guys and I trust that you are all well, happy and
saving the planet.

- The Straw Wolves.