[strawbale] FLORIADE 2002

Dear Baleheads,

> The first week of September Jan Steenks and myself are building a following
> construction for an exposition on sustainable building techniques for the
> FLORIADE 2002 near Amsterdam. 2 students (Martin and Andreas) from Potsdam
> so far signed up for this event. 2 more volunteers are welcomed on short
> terms.

Martin  and Jan will not be alone for the FLORIADE 2002. I just heard from Tom Rijven that he will be working there to help realize an 200mē auditorium for the RaboBank (a large Dutch Bank).
It will be a post and beam with SB infill. Earth plaster inside and OUTSIDE!!!

For those who do not know the FLORIADE. It is a BIG event that takes place every 10 years so the Dutch can show (off ;-) their flowers. People from all over the world come to visit this event.

As Matts Myhrmann says on the end of one of the SB video's:
'Things are really taking off'

Cheers,
Andre

> Hope to see you during one of the inter/national events,
>
> Martin Oehlmann
> Sportlaan 336
> 2566 LN DEN HAAG
> The Netherlands
> 0033-70-3650410

La Maison en Paille
Information Centre on Natural Construction

Andre & Coralie de Bouter
Le Trezidoux
16290 Champmillon
Charente, France
Tel. (0)5 45 66 27 68

la-maison-en-paille.com@laposte...
www.la-maison-en-paille.com

We are currently building our Straw Bale house/'hotel' to receive people for guided tours, Straw Bale workshops, as well as other workshops.
We also work on a (copyright free) CDrom on Natural Construction.