Re: [strawbale] Proposal for introduction

Hello balers,

Great idea Jolien.
For the GSBN they do what they call is a Roll Call. Basicly everybody on the
list (40 or so) sents an email as you suggested to the list. Let's start
with that for now, and then Herbert (or someone else) can collect the
messages and put them on a website, simply the messages one beneath the
other.

Translation,
We are finding that translating takes up a huge amount of time. To my big
surprise I found it easier to write a new document in French (you should see
my school records;-( , than to translate English to French. I agree that it
is more effecient to Unite the web-sites  than to make a united web-site.

One way of realizing this is to make a Web-ring. As exists already, see Rene
Dalmeijers site. http://www.rened.cistron.nl/
Lets make a European Web-ring.

Herbert (being the main whizkid;-) might make one header with a few
important links like.
The Web-ring
The Networkers (in English)
What we are/do
Subscribe to the mailing list

The German Portal http://www.baubiologie.at
The French Portal www.la-maison-en-paille.com
The English Portal ???????????
The Spanish Portal (when there is one)
The Portal for other languages

Each Portal can then give:
A list of available websites in that language area
A list of contacts with their stories in the appropriate language. (but only
the contacts in that language area)
An agenda of important events and workshops (with links to the agenda's in
other languages on the other portals)

What do you think?
Andre