[Strawbale] temperatures in our strawbale house in Bulgaria

Eileen Sutherland eileensutherland2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 16:15:44 CET 2012

Hi,
We built a strawbale house in Bulgaria in 2008 - see www.hotnitsa.com for more info. Recently I was back in Bulgaria and decided to conduct a small experiment. I put a thermometer in our unheated guest apartment which is conventionally built and put another thermometer in our unheated stawbale house and over a period of 7 days I noted the differences in temperature. On every occasion the straw house registered a higher temp. See the attached spreadsheet. All figures are in centigrade and are plus figures.
I'm aware the sample is small and not necessarily scientific but I was very pleased with the outcome and thought someone might be interested to hear about it. The outside temperatures at this time ranged from -6 to zero.

best wishes
Eileen

Eileen Sutherland

UK mob 07857890805