[Strawbale] A request that came to DCAT from Switzerland

David Eisenberg strawnet at aol...
Sun Jun 12 17:21:49 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I am hoping that there is someone in Switzerland or at least on this list in
Europe who can give this person the help they are requesting.

Thank you,

David Eisenberg
www.dcat.net

*Date: *June 11, 2011 10:37:19 PM PDT

Email: lamdaki at live...
Questions: Hello Mr. Eisenberg,

we are a little family living in Nax, Switzerland.
We want to build a small hotel with as a straw bale house (
mayaguesthouse.wordpress.com)
. We got pretty far with our project, found a bank to finance it, but their
constriction expert doesn\'t know how to handle this kind of construction.
Not having a straw bale house in the region he estimated the durability at
15  years.
Do you have any sources, documents about straw bale houses older than 40/50
years? Something we can prove that it is to be handled as any other
building?

Thank you very much

Lisa and Louis Papadopoulos

By the way, we have your name from Natural Homes.