[Strawbale] macroHabitat - open-source strawbale/ceb hybrid

Pawel Sroczynski p.sroczynski at cohabitat...
Sun Dec 25 15:11:09 CET 2011

Hi there natural builders! ;-)

I would like to share with you small Christmas gift for the world we have
made here in Cohabitat Group together with Open Source Ecology. It's a
beta-release of a small natural cabin building plans. Hope you will enjoy
it ;-) If you find this project interesting, please share it within your
networks. We are naturally open for any collaboration ;-)

*project home page:* http://bit.ly/uHXfya
abstract:

> *For 2012, together with Open Source Ecology<http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/Crash_course_on_OSE>we've planned a joint venture construction (U.S.) of a modular residential
> building - macroHABITAT. It was conceived as part of a set of buildings,
> machines and technologies necessary to build an open-source, autonomous
> civilization - Global Village Construction Set
> <http://opensourceecology.org/gvcs.php>. The building has a usable area
> of 45m2 including 23m2 living room, 6m2 kitchen, 4.8 m2 of boiler room, 5.9
> bathroom and 5.9 m2 m2 hall acting as the vestibule. The building is
> designed as a low-energy, through the use of straw bales as thermal
> insulation in both walls and roof. The prototype includes an interesting
> innovation in construction, as load-bearing wall will be constructed with blocks
> of Compressed Earth<http://www.centrodaterra.org/uploads/media/CompressedEarthBuildingBlocksViableBuildingMaterialAffordableHousingFIBRE2008_1_.pdf>(CEB). It would form a three-layer
> barrier <http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/HabLab_Build> from the
> outside. CEB blocks will be produced with the use of open-source hydraulic
> press Liberator-Prototype-III<http://blip.tv/opensourceecology/ose-promo-the-liberator-3844812>,
> whose construction and operation documentation is available on the OSE
> website <http://openfarmtech.org/wiki/CEB_Press>. This is just the
> beginning of this fascinating journey! :-) Hold the chair ...*

[image: macrohabitat.jpg]

Here's how our last OS construction looked like: http://bit.ly/rb5EqS with
final effect: http://bit.ly/tSgMv6

Have fun :)
Best regards,
--
Paweł Sroczyński
*architect, project manager*

*COHABITAT-ATELIER
*Natural Architecture Studio

mobile: +48606484141
www:    http://www.cohabitat.net/
skype:  pawelsroczynski
facebook.com/CohabitatGroup <http://www.facebook.com/CohabitatGroup>
twitter.com/CohabitatGroup

Integrating nature, technology and humanity.