[Strawbale] European Tehnical Approval of strawbale as a construction product

Michel Van Mulders michelvanmulders at siol...
Sun Dec 18 16:10:18 CET 2011

Hi Jure,

You could also look at this subject from another point of view;

Part from load-bearing, there are several other ways to use strawbales and it is easier to get approval.
Load-bearing, "Nebraska style" was used, I believe because of a lack of resources, i.e. wood for load-bearing. (and money)
Today, I guess the cost will not be lower and therefore not a reason to choose for load-bearing. (unless you get free 2 busses of workshop enthusiasts that come and build your house for free)

However attractive it is to choose for load-bearing, it is still seldom used.

What would be the reason to get this in mainstream, while not load-bearing is getting accepted more and more?

Regards,

Michel.