[Strawbale] Green roofs on strawbale buildings

Max Vittrup Jensen max at permalot...
Wed Sep 15 14:05:11 CEST 2010

  Just a fast comment to add to all of the good Green Roof advices;

We made a small 3 walled load bearing stage for a school in 2009 with
green roof. The trick is that I used 4 columns of round straw bales on
end as the 4 load bearing columns, which holds a bond beam; simply the
edges of the roof frame. As the structure is quite open towards the
front, and the roof leans towards the back, there's also 2 round wood
oak poles holding the roof in the front of the stage.
You can see it all on one of the many photo-comic manuals on our site;
look under 'resources'.

Cheers,
Max Vittrup Jensen
PermaLot Centre of Natural Building