[Strawbale] Load bearing extention onto stone cottage

permacultura la boa casadipaglia at hotmail...
Wed Sep 15 11:07:33 CEST 2010

Dear Alison,
I have done couple of extension of a stone buildings. You have to pay atention to details and joints. In between stones and straw I usually put a vertical vapour barrier, some wood (like a base plate) and the strawbales. You have to compress the bales very well and study the joint. Every situation needs a different joint. I suggest you to ask an expert near you to come and advice you on details in order to avoid damages or problems.
Best wishes

Stefano
via Boa, 29
30020 Pramaggiore - Italy