[Strawbale] first results

sibina ... subb_limity at yahoo....uk
Mon Jun 21 10:07:10 CEST 2010

Hello,

I know 5 straw bale houses in Bulgaria
They might be more.

Gretings,
Sibina Eftenova

From: Simon Blackbourn <piemanek at gmail...>
Subject: Re: [Strawbale] first results
To: "European strawbale building discussions" <strawbale at amper....muni.cz>
Date: Friday, 18 June, 2010, 11:36

As far as I know there are two other strawbale houses in Romania:

In 1999 Simon Pratt (UK) and Cai & Jolien from Stro&co (NL) came to help us build a strawbale house at a summer camp for orphans near the village of Bogda. Here's a link to Google Maps showing roughly where it is: http://bit.ly/abgQCc

As far as I know it was never completely finished due to some disputes over ownership of the land.

There is also one which was completed, at Boteni, which is a village somewhere close to Bucuresti I think.

Simon