[Strawbale] SB workshops

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo...
Thu Jan 22 18:30:08 CET 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:07:22 -0500, Rikki Nitzkin
<rikkinitzkin at earthlink...> wrote:

> I have had a request by a Portugese arquitect looking for SB workshops
> oriented towards "profesionals"-anywhere in Europe.

As it so happens, a message showed up in my mailbox yesterday which
mentioned the following:

> And now that it's good to be an American [again], we are going to Europe
> for a couple ofmonths this summer. I'll give you more details later but
> apparently the four workshopsthat are scheduled are filled up. Denmark,
> Estonia,Slovakia and France.

I've never attended the workshops hosted by Athena and Beel Steen but I
have seen a video of one and
it was easy to spot a number of "professionals" amongst the attendees.
(The professionals were the ones that looked lost initially when
confronted with working with non-storebought materials).

Quite frankly, I think that the Euro-pee'ins should look at somehow
expanding the workshops to enable more people to attend, if for no other
reason, to amortise the embodied energy of the trip over a broader base.

(But I'm sure that most baleheads can think of more and arguably better
reasons for expanding the workshops. ie Satomi referred to Beel as "old
man" in a photo she sent out on Beel's last birthday. Can't expect the old
geezer to last forever . Eh ?  Gather in your Steen workshops while ye
may, for tomorrow ... )

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom