[Strawbale] Re: SB house threatened in Andalucía - Spanish SB houses?

ben albu ben at albu...
Mon Mar 6 23:00:14 CET 2006

Hi Rikki,

Heidi Snel made a DVD of a strawbale fire testing in Germany.
You can order it on her website. (The title is Stroh im Kopf -she also
sells an Engish version of it))

She also made some snapshots of this test and has put them here :
http://www.oekofilm.de/inhalte/filme/brandschutz.htm

I have uploaded 3 other tests to my webserver. You can download them until
the 13th of March (!)
The ones of Austria are in German. I hope you´ll find someone to translate
them if necessary.
Otherwise you can Skype or call (see end of page) me, and I´ll help you
out (my nickname on Skype is : benjelli)

US : STRAW BALE FIRE SAFETY - A review of testing and experience to date -
July 30, 2003

http://www.doordacht.be/straw/firesafety-july2003.pdf

Austria : certificate of a firetest and research on the fireresistance of
a strawbale wall :

http://www.doordacht.be/straw/firereport-straw-Vienna-october2000.pdf

Austria : another test, but the the testing was done on strawbales, not a
wall :

http://www.doordacht.be/straw/firereport-straw-Vienna-may2000.pdf

Good luck !

Ben Albu