[Strawbale] Re: Strawbale Digest, Vol 2, Issue 9

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt...
Wed Nov 9 16:38:46 CET 2005

Rene Dalmeijer wrote:

> Filip,
>
> It is feaseable because I know of 2 such vaults built in Siebenlinden
> Germany. In one way though they are most probably a little different
> to what you want because they ar placed ander a separate roof.
> Therefore the domes do not function as a roof.

We should remember that the forces acting in a dome are not strictly the
same as those of a vault. A dome is intrinsicly more stable. Someone
thoughtfully pointed out at ISBBC in Denmark that a dome is a vault
rotated through 360 degrees.

Duncan