[Strawbale]Some loadbearing compression ideas/questions

Tim Owen-Kennedy timok at vitalsystems...
Fri May 6 22:12:15 CEST 2005

And now for the plain text version....

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Owen-Kennedy [mailto:timok at vitalsystems...]
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:37 AM
To: 'strawbale at amper....muni.cz'
Subject: RE: [Strawbale]Some loadbearing compression ideas/questions

Hi All,

With regard to pre-compression, creep, pre plastering post plastering and
cyclic vertical loading (snow loads) you might want to look at that part of
the test we did as EBNet. Go to www.ecobuildnetwork.org and click on the
straw bale testing program link in the upper left hand corner. This will
take you to some of the reports from the tests that we conducted. The test
to which I am referring is title "load-bearing and Creep".

Best of luck as we all discover how best to build plastered straw bale
structures,

Tim

Tim Owen-kennedy
Vital Systems, Natural Building & Design, Inc.
888.859.6336 PO Box 751, Ukiah, CA 95482