[Strawbale]9. Passivhaustagung

Jan Hollan jhollan at amper....muni.cz
Fri May 6 22:37:22 CEST 2005

Hi balers,

straw had a nice coverage at the 9th Passive House Congress in
Ludwigshafen during the last two days of April.

Presentation by Georg W. Reinberg about the project made together
with Roland Meingast was excellent and convincing.

Dirk had a nice poster at the most visible place.

I mentioned the need to split each bale into three convection cells at the
last page of my poster (devoted to windows otherwise, see ev.
http://amper.ped.muni.cz/jenik/windows/9pht, my images from
Passivhaustagung are there as well now).

We spoke about it with prof. Reinberg. I hope that even subsequent
injection of e.g. cellulose fibres into existing SB walls will be able to
improve them to passive standard when needed (i.e., when the projected
heating would appear to be insufficient otherwise).

Josef Seidl had a lecture on newly developed loadbearing unburnt bricks.
I mentioned to him an alternative niche for clay, namely creating two
loadbearing layers inside a strawbale (the main problem would be drying
these layers).

If a heavy ``passive-house brick'' can be made this way, that's a
question.

jenik

PS on our list administration:

 I've employed a script which discards all non-member messages daily. It
saves work to Simon or me.

So, if somebody is not a member, the only way to post a message is to
become one or to ask some member to post the message.