[Strawbale]so many lists and still we need more

Mark Bigland-Pritchard // Low Energy Design hyphen at dial....com
Wed Mar 9 12:27:43 CET 2005

Chug -

Sounds good in theory, but my experience of trying to use online
translation facilities for Danish-English translation last summer was
pretty miserable.  In fact, worse than useless - I couldn't find a
facility that could produce translations that made any sense, and in any
case all the key technical words weren't in the online dictionary...  So
now I'd be a bit cautious about automatic translation.

Something that might help, though,  is a multilingual glossary of
technical terms.

I have a lot of sympathy with you Herbert (and everyone else for whom
English isn't their first language) - if I had to write everything in
German, I could do it but it would take ages.  And I also find it deeply
frustrating always having to convert US data into international units if
I want any quantitative information.

Maybe those of us who are a "bridge" between different strawbale lists
should make a point of passing on stuff from one list to another if we
think it is of particular interest.

Mark