[Strawbale]Re: bales on the side

asbn asbn at baubiologie...
Wed Mar 9 10:09:13 CET 2005

Dear Straw Wolf, dear Chug

Not again the same discussion about the list.
It is hard for (most of) us - not native english speaking people - to write,
think and read in english, to find all the words which are not in usual
dictionaries, like "dampfbremse", "winddichtigkeit", "bauphysik"...
But I am not willing to think and measure in ', lb, ft, like 8 'x 3'x 2'.

When we wrote the german book "Bauen mit Stroh" we had to translate all the
stuff to german (and mostly European) measures. And we had to understand,
that European tests and building-codes are very different to the US.
That our efforts in ecology, passive and low-energy-houses, solar
architecture are very different to Arizona´s, Texas´ or Nevada´s
strawbale-efforts because of a really different climate.
If you vote for one english or american list, I vote for one german list.
This would safe much time in front of dictionaries. And this is the area
where I am working.

Best wishes,
Herbert Gruber, ASBN

09.03.2005 9:41 Uhr