[Strawbale]RE: strawmud sauna

nasenzwerg at gmx... nasenzwerg at gmx...
Fri Jul 23 21:59:50 CEST 2004

Hi balers,

I do not quite agree with Rene.
1. thermal mass can be reduced by applying only a thin mud-layer by
spraying a slurry. This could be covered with wood, the way, saunas
usually 	look like.
2. principally the bigger problem is the one with the moisture of
course. But you use a sauna only a few ours a day, then you can take
care about good ventilation.

Due to the moisture-problem, especially as it is run mostly during
cold periods (large temperature gradient, a lot of moisture, thus the
threat of condensation), building a SB sauna really is a demanding
task. And if it works (and I think it should), it would be a
impressive example to argument with, in discussions with critics.

Good luck, and keep us informed

peter schladt