[Strawbale] Scottish Studio

Stewart Hargrave Stewart at Hargrave....uk
Sat Aug 23 02:05:33 CEST 2003

On 18 Aug 2003 at 20:39, Anna Roos wrote:

> the building is a large artist's studio 1hr north of aberdeen. the nearest
> map size town is Turriff & the nearest named place Overbrae.  the building
> is not yet completed as it still requires the lime plaster.

Anna,

I'm interested to hear about your project - I maybe plan to build a strawbale
house in beautiful Scotland one day. But Scotland can be a pretty wet place. Did
you make any special design considerations because of this? How are you
keeping the straw dry before plastering? What is the long term prospect of a
straw house lasting in such a damp environment?

Stewart Hargrave