Re: law against LP

Hallo Jan,
it is very encouraging to hear this good news from Czechia!

Concerning the missing link:
you can find it under
http://www.astronomie-buchloe.de/lichtverschmutzung.html

Concerning legislation:
In Germany we have no particular law against light pollution.
What could be applied is the following:
- The Deutsche Industrie Norm DIN regulates the illumination of roads
etc. but gives only minimal values. It shall be replaced by a european
norm.
- There do exist norms on light immission "Messung und Beurteilung von
Lichtimmisionen (Licht-Richtlinie)". But these exclude road lighting.
- In some Länder and Gemeinde there exist some legislation especially
for protection of the nature, but these are very soft...

Helpful legislations in Europe could be:
- light pollution laws in Tenerife (only in spanish) and Catalonia
(Catalan, spanish and english)
- the law in Lombardy you know
- activities in Greece (Dr. Margerita Metaxa)
As far as I know, these are the first european legislations.
That for the moment, if you need the sources or internet addresses
please contact me again, because I have to search again for them!
Sincerely,
Andreas

* Dr. Andreas Haenel                                     *
* Museum am Schoelerberg - Planetarium                   *
* Am Schoelerberg 8                                      *
* D-49082 Osnabrueck                                     *
* Tel. +49 (0)541-5600326  fax +49 (0)541-5600337        *
* email: ahaenel@rz...-osnabrueck.de / ahaenel@uos...   *
* New URL: http://www.physik.uni-osnabrueck.de/~ahaenel/ *