a "ground albedo influence" night

Dear friends,

just a reminder: a bright night with almost all landscape covered with cold white snow (here in Brno, just very concentrated salt water could thaw it recently) is an ideal opportunity to get the important number:

           what amount of sky luminance is due
         to the light disperesed from the ground

This differs within towns and far from them, of course. But even within towns, the amount of sky luminance due to direct emissions from luminaires is, fwith no snow, larger, unless the lighting is fully shielded.

Comparison of snowless and snow-rich winter measurements (with the same zenith extinction, if possible, or under a known one at least) is our main tool in this respect. It can overweight any (wrong) models offered by polluters.

Fabio and I have written about it several times already, but there are not many data like that yet. We had a week with snow here in Brno already, but this night is the first clear-sky one.

So, don't miss the opportunity, if it will appear -- tonight or any other night this winter.

best,
 jenik

PS. sorry for not responding to darksky issues at all, I'm overwhelmed by working on the climate enlightment these months.