      1. Another "beam of light" Tower Proposed in NC
           From: Mike Hansen <mhansen@einhornresearch...>
      2. MIT Technology Review article - "LEDs vs the Lightbulb"
           From: "David Penasa" <dpenasa@unm...>
      3. Re: High pressure sodium and `bowls`
           From: Steve Davis <w2sgd@juno...>
      4. Montauk lights changed
           From: Susan Harder <lookout@hamptons...>
      5. Pole Spacing for FCO
           From: "Julie Schaar" <julie.schaar@sbcglobal...>
      6. Re: Pole Spacing for FCO
           From: "Barry Johnson" <johnsonb52@comcast...>
      7. Re: Pole Spacing for FCO
           From: ctstarwchr@aol...

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:49:58 -0500
   From: Mike Hansen <mhansen@einhornresearch...>
Subject: Another "beam of light" Tower Proposed in NC

Fayettville, North Carolina is planning to build a tower as a new city
icon that will emit "a beam of light shooting into the sky. The beacon
would be visible from Interstate 95."  The beam would only be active
when there are events in the park where it is located. Note the irony
that this is to paid for with money "set aside to clean up
environmental hazards."

Fuller details are available at: http://tinyurl.com/xlqe

Mike Hansen
2561 Massachusetts Ave. #1