Re: [Strawbale] Planning a home of BigBales 2011 in Estonia

Sorry, I am travelling through Bolivia and have no time.
G.Minke

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 21:53:00 +0200
 "equilibre" <sven@equilibre...> wrote:
Dear SB people!

I'm writing to you just to let you know about one of my plans for this year and asking for your advice. This summer I would like to build a home for our family. I have a design plan with approval from local authoroties and big bales are ready to use, we have some amount of trusses, also clay+sand, lime and roof shindles. But still I feel the need for consultation about construction details: foundation, "bearing" posts, ceiling, etc. So far I have built already some SB houses, also in our climate, and I have basic knowledge of building principles. But the big (two-storage) load bearing construction seems more complicated than my previous experiences can afford. So I would like to invite you to share knowledge about details in big bale construction. I have added also some views of the house as it is right now
(house is a 12m wide and 20m long).

Any feedback and advice is warmly appreciated,
Thank you!

Sven Aluste
Estonia
www.equilibre.ee/ehitus1.htm

*Oleme just need, keda oleme otsinud -
We are the one's we have been waiting for. (Hopi saying)