Re: [Strawbale] How to run chminey through strawbale wall?

Hi Dirk. If you have not already received an answer for this...here's mine. Simply box it out. Frame a small box with the required setbacks from the pipe manufacturer. Place that in the wall and run the pipe through. Follow the setback requirements for insulation type and location and insulate accordingly. Run the box the full width of the bales so that it can be well anchored into the wall and does not require any straw stuffing around it. I suggest you use plywood on both sides (if allowed by the specifications) and cut the specified sized hole in it. This way you can insulated the box and it won't fall out. in addition, you can cover the plywood with roofing felt and lath and plaster straight over it. Good luck.

Andrew