Re: [Strawbale] Straw bales in Spain

One very good thing in Spain (catalunya-valencia) is that you can find rice-straw that is a good quality of straw for building Every year the quality change....because of different growth-water in the field...so you really must check your supplier year by year.. At the moment there are no expert supplier as you can find in germany....but we are working at the european level to set a sistem of local certification...

We made already 4 legal-houses and1little community building....to do so we use information of tests from other country and a lot of talks with pubblic officers...

Now the law of building has change and in a way is a better change for straw bale because allows much more innovation...on the other hand the pubblic offcials ara more insecure because they still don't know the new procedures...so they are more careful and ask for much more accuracy....

For insurance...if you use a wood structure or another "traditional" structure you can get insurance.....the simple one...if you want the insurance that allows you to sell the house before ten years have been passed...than you have much more trouble and you may need to go trough a quiet complex procedure of testing and controls....

un saludo, valentina

arq. valentina maini
arquitectos ara B sccl.
www.ara-b.org-valentina@ara-b...
t.f. +34 933197631
ronda sant pere 58, pralB 08010 barcelona