[Strawbale] Fwd: Re: SB Insulation Value of SB Walls. (huffnpuff)

John ,

At 07:36 AM 2/11/04, you wrote:
It would be good and prudent to supply them with any other work on
thermal properties of SB so if any of you have any other work on this
please send details for all of us.  At the moment the model for the
National Australian Energy Rating System (NATHERS) uses R1.5 for the
walls.  Multiply by 5.5 to get the American R rating which I believe is
different from the UK R rating.

This is very conservative for a 2 string bale I use the conservative rating of
R5-6 based on SI units. See the excell spreadsheet for more details.

I have also included a summary I found on the internet of some of the R value tests.

Anybody who wants these drop me a line and I will send then to you.

You can use my technical pages to do the conversion from imperial to metric.
http://home.hetnet.nl/~rene.dalmeijer/sbframeset.html please note the change in hosting provider address select technical and select the required page. to do the conversion. Also please note my change of e-mail address to rene.dalmeijer@hetnet...

The Germans tend to use and have tested higher values but I don't fully trust them (the test results that is) The German SB community I do they are a very nice group of people strongly committed to sustainability.

Greetings,

Rene Dalmeijer
Keeping snug in a new fleece sweater bought yesterday in the now perpetual sale season in the reclaimed swamp at the mouth of the Rhine.

donate some food, press the button
http://www.thehungersite.com