From: "chug." <chug@strawbale-building....uk>
To: <strawbale@amper....muni.cz>
CC: <linda.healy1@ntlworld...>
Subject: Re: [strawbale] Cost?
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:25:27 -0000

Dear Linda,
The cost with many strawbale buildings is hard to assess as a lot of strawbale buildings are built using found , scrounged or recycled materials with much or all of the labour being provided by friends, family, volunteers and self, this obviously will result in cheaper build costs.
I know of one house that cost approximately £5000 pounds to build!
for a write up on this check out:- www.strawbalebuildingassociation.org.uk/news12.html and look at the article by Paul Jennings from the Sustianable Lifestyles Co-operative, about halfway down the page. This is the cheapest, habitable house I know of, so the bottom line is from £5000 upwards. A guy in Cornwall, called Luke New, built for around £150,000 and he still used a lot of timber he rescued from the beach after the freighter-Kodima, sank of the coast last january.
I hope this helps
Kind regards
Chug
www.strawbale-building.co.uk/