[Strawbale] Wooden Stove & Windows Insulation

Rene Dalmeijer rene.dalmeijer at hetnet...
Sun Dec 18 14:07:53 CET 2005

Amit,

I am not quite sure what you are asking. But I must warn you that
simply insulating the stove exhaust flue is not enough. Due to the
insulation you could actually worsen the potential of fire risk. It is
best to create a ventilated space between the actual stove pipe and the
surrounding structure. The easiest way to do this is a double pipe one
within the other. The air space between the two pipes must be well
ventilated to prevent heat build up. The air space should be at least
25mm all around.

Rene