Re: [strawbale] more on Spain...

Hi Simon!

I would definately like to have a strawbale discussion list.  Actually, I had been planning on personnaly emailing the people I had seen show interest in strawbale building in Spain and make a mailing list (I am internet almost-illiterate and don't know how to set up discussion groups). IF you would do that it would be great.

The only sad thing is that when I return to Spain on friday I will only have internet access every 2-4 weeks, since I live in a tiny mountain village north of LLeida.

When is this meeting in Barcelona, what's it about?  Can I come?  I want to start building my strawbale hut in northern Lleida in February, so if anyone wants to make a project or workshop out of it I would love some help.  It is planned as a post and beam structure, so I will probably build the framework in February/March and be ready for wallraising in March/April.  As I have commented before on the disscussion group, I have read all I can about strawbale building but haven't yet built one, so I can't offer to lead a workshop, but am more than willing (not to say enthusiastic) about the idea of getting some help on the project.

This week I am taking advantage of unlimited internet access to build up a web page with pictures of Aulas (my village) and my plans (very rough) for my strawbale hut.  you can check it out at www.geocities.com/rnitzkin.  It should be done(mostly ) by friday.

I can also be reached by telephone at 0034- 657335162.

If anyone knows of strawbale structures in Southern France or Spain, or any workshops in Jan.  please let me know, as I would at least like to visit some houses before starting mine!

Hablo castellano con fluidez tambien.

I speak fluent Spanish if that can be of any  help.

Sincerely,

Rikki