Re: [strawbale] Number of Strawbale Houses per country?

simon wrote:

> Hello Hannes,
>
> In Romania in 1998 there was one strawbale 'extension' made (as a
> workshop by Harald) - a first floor of straw added on top of an already
> existing stone ground floor. So I guess you could count this as a half
> point...!
>
> Then in summer 99 we built a 45m2 house.
>
> As far as I know they are the only two there, although of course many
> people's houses in the countryside are made from straw and mud.
>
> The climate in Romania is very hot in summer (up to 40 degrees) and very
> cold in winter (down to -20 or more...). Our house survived a very heavy
> winter without even being plastered!
>
> Cheers,
> Simon

Hello Simon,
since this first romanian sb- house ( small one, I agree) was build in a
village on a flood plain, it was the only reasonable thing to do ,
building it with waterresistent stone ground floor.
A pure sb- house would have been no sb- house after the next flood!
Therefore I think it should get a full point;-)
Harald