Re: R: permission for the map of polluted Czechia

Dear Pierantonio,

thank you very much for the permission.

> Dear Jan,
>
> please note that the map is computed for sea level and that refers to
> 1996-97. I suspect that there was a strong incraese in the last years due to
> the economic development. But probably for your leaflet is sufficiently OK.

I know that, I'll include such more detailed info in the commentary on the
map on our www pages.

> You surely can use the map for your leaflet. For simmetry with the citation
> of the IAC, you could write:
>
> (c) Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologia dell'Inquinamento Luminoso
> or
> (c) Light Pollution Science and Technology Institute
> or
> Cinzano, Falchi, Elvidge 2001
>
> To be precise,  the correct citation is not Blackwell because the copyright
> of the paper belong to the Royal Astronomical Society. See the reproduction
> guidelines in my web site
> http://www.lightpollution.it/worldatlas/pages/faq.html . But I think that no
> one will complain if you cite our Instituto given that we are the authors.

The present citation in the leaflet (an exact translation of the Czech
text) is

 Fig. at the title page:
 P.\,Cinzano, F.\,Falchi (University in Padova), C.\,D.\,Elvidge
 (NOAA National Geophysical Data Center, Boulder),
 Monthly Notices of Royal Astronomical Society, 2000,
 \copyright{RAS}

I meant, that I should perhaps add that it is reproduced with permission
of Blackwell Science, as given in your guidelines, it's just a bit long,
for the leaflet. The Institute is not mentioned directly, just the
www.lightpollution.it/dmsp address given at the front side in figure
caption. Should I include a \copyright{} Instituto di... in the above
text?

> Please send us some copies of it.

I will send a printed Czech version, when it will be made. Presently,
we just ``laserjet600dpi'' the necessary copies, the quality is tolerable.

> Good work!
>
> Pierantonio

if my layout will pass some Czech reviews (nobody did it yet), I'll make a
better English translation (and a German one) with enough comments in the
LaTeX source, so a similar leaflet could be used elsewhere (with proper
maps). The working version will probably remain in
  http://amper.ped.muni.cz/light/zakon_oo/letak

clear skies with no attacking planes,

Jenik