[strawbale] Appeal for the webmaster(s): please, take anti virus measures!

Appeal for the webmaster(s?) of the strawbale list.

Dear friends

Ever since 4 february 2001, until this morning, my virus scanner intercepted eight straw bale list messages infected by the virus W32.Klez.E@mm... So far, the virus checker 'quarantines' this virus, because it is not yet able to repair it. To 'quarantine' means: to isolate it from the rest of the harddisk, in order to protect the PC system. In the same time, several other strawbale messages infected by less problematic viruses, had been immediately 'repaired'.

So far, I have been lucky, because of an effective virus scanner which intercepts all the infected messages and regularly updates it's anti virus definitions. Every member of the straw bales list should install such software, if he or she has not done it yet.

On the other hand, there is no software which is able to offer '100%' security. That' why, I have an urgent appeal for the webmasters of the strawbale list: be so kind to take any appropriate measures which may contribute to prevent any virus to be spread through the list. By example: virus scanners, 'fire walls' or whatever.

Thank you very much for any effort you may be able to do in this respect.

Sincerely yours,

Bas Roufs.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Viaconsensus
Juridisch en politiek advies voor ethisch en duurzaam ondernemerschap
 Legal and political consultancy for ethical and sustainable business
Consulenza giuridica e politica per l'imprenditoria etica e sostenibile
drs. Bas G. Roufs
Van 't Hoffstraat 1
NL-3514 VT  UTRECHT
Nederland, The Netherlands