Od: rikki nitzkin <rnitzkin@hotmail...>
Do: strawbale-l@eyfa... <strawbale-l@eyfa...>
DW: stawbale@crest... <stawbale@crest...>; absteen@dakotacom... <absteen@dakotacom...>
Data: 11 lutego 2002 22:58
Temat: [strawbale] a technical question about foundations

Hi!

I have been thinking about changing my plans of making my strawbale hut on pilars, to doing the extra work of leveling the ground, and doing a "rubble trench" foundation with an adobe floor.

After doing some soil tests, I have discovered that my land doesn't have A Lot  of Clay.  It IS Clay, 100%.  Does anyone know if this will cause me problems?

Also, the clay comes out of the ground quite clumpy.  Is there any best way to "unclump" it so as to use it for the floor and walls?  Can I use clay slip instead of dry clay for this?

please forward this message to anyone who can advise me.

love , RIKKI

"Understanding is born from humility, not from the pride of knowledge."