[strawbale] Straw-bale update re intresting developments

Title: Straw-bale update re intresting developments

    Dear Folks;

       I came across these email addresses, whilst cleaning out my old files, and as the messages were in English, I thought that it should be okay to reply in English.

       We at Stichting Maria Hoeve in downtown Hoenderloo-loo city, are finally making some excellent head-way with the authorities in relation to making our straw-bale shed legal and open to the general public. We have permission to keep going with Stichting activities, and groups may continue to have overnight accomadation with us, but no longer in the straw-bale shed. { as yet, although we will re-apply in the future}

        HOWEVER......{and this is of interest to those battling for the advancement of straw-bale and ecological buildings}, we may use the building for a day-centre. We have one more fire depatment inspection to go, planned for mid March, and then we are open/reopen for business. Once official, at a public level, we are beginning with a major publicity campaign, and hope to use  press articles to promote the reality of straw-bale building and fire safety, not the paranoia that was written about us in De Volkskrant last year. We are looking for information as to the other projects that are currently operating in Holland now. We have heard of alot of the projects, and have seen a couple, but wish to have good facts and information as to their legality, so as to "report accurately".

     Jorien from Amsterdam kindly gave us good information, but as yet we have had no further response from the Dutch straw-bale world,{ from the email we sent about 3 weeks ago] Therefore we thought we would ask you as well.

     Is there any straw-bale building that you know of in Holland that is open for usage by the Dutch public????There are recreation houses, and small sheds/workshop space made from straw, but we wish to know the state of straw-bale  buildings in relation to open public space.

     Since the tragedy of Vollendam, the fire inspections have become alot stricter. The fact that a straw-bale building is to be opened to the general public is a very positive movement for straw-bale building, and hopefully the beginning of the end to the paranoia over fire-safety.

       We want to report accurately, so are looking for relevant information.

       Thank-you

       Regards

      Andy Blackett......Stuichting Maria Hoeve