[strawbale] Brussel

Hello baleheads,
back from a turbulent workshop in Brussels I want to show you this
pictures Agnieszka Komoch from the Global Ecovillage Network made.
http://www.gaia.org/secretariats/geneurope/archives/green-week.htm
The GEN hired me for this to show some possibilities of building with
regrowing materials during their Greenweek 2oo2, an event that is
organized by the EU Commission for the Environment.
Its a rather small building ( 16 m2), but we had to build it in one week
only, showing in the end all the different building stages like in a
cut.
We did it! Except for the green roof. I didnt manage to get the lawn on
rolls in time. Nevertheless it was quite a sucsess and brought us closer
to the realisation of a quick and easy to build post catastrophy house
made out of a framework of wooden PIJ´s, strawbales in roof, walls and
floor ( not in the ground, though) and loam plaster with a lime caseine
finish.
The materials of this 16 m2, 1:2 scale model did cost incl.
transportation  and some minor processing about 5.000,- Euro.
This might seem a lot, but its insulated in roof and floor too!
We estimate , that the 32 m2,  1:1 scale prototype of a solar design,
shed roof house, build somewhere in middle Europe will cost about double
as much ( 10.000,- Euro). This prototype will have more windows, to
optimize the solar effect.
It will be planned by an architect, Tobias Gammelin and can be used as a
holiday home as well as a house for a single or a couple. Its is
designed as a non- temporary structure, I want to say, it is meant to
last.
The building of this house can be organized by me as a three week
workshop.
This will ask another 2.500,- Euro from the owner, including food for
the participants and and a workshop fee for me and Tobias.
Harald Wedig