[strawbale] Short Swiss reflection.

Message for the strawbale network from Bas Roufs/ Viaconsensus, Utrecht, The Netherlands.

Dear Strawbale Friends

That unfortunate Swiss affair stimulates me to send you this message. To be honest, I am not very surprised by this sad news. When thinking about my working experience in the building biology sector so far, I remember other bad incidents which are due to a lack of clear cut and realistic structures, arrangements and quality norms. This is really a pity, because straw baling and other sustainable innovative developments are most important for the development of Earth and Mankind.

If you are interested, I could send to you a proposal on the development of a little, flexible structure which could help to prevent such affairs in the future: by example, a that committee Axel Linde refers to in his last message.  In the framework of such a committee, some relevant things could be developed. By example:
  • a code of conduct
  • a set of quality norms.
  • a control and complaints commission.
  • a kind of quality mark for strawbale professionals to be marketed in Europe and elsewhere.
Finally, I provide you with some information about myself.  Perhaps I am the only non-strawbale or building biology professional who is on the strawbale e-mail list. I have studied international and European law and international relations. Ever since some years, I run 'Viaconsensus', a legal and political consultancy for ethical and sustainable business.  I have some clients in the building biology sector. That is one of the reasons, I am interested in your strawbale network.

I help my clients to reflect about strategic, legal and international aspects of their work. Some examples of questions I deal with:
  • the kind of partners with who clients could cooperate.
  • analysis of the interests of the clients and their possible cooperation partners.
  • project ideas at the basis of this common interest analysis.
  • assistance to the development clearcut, realistic cooperation arrangements.
  • the countries in which the could work.
  • the domestic and international political issues to be taken into account.
  • the European programmes which could be useful to develop sustainable international project.
If you are interested in a more elaborate proposal, I could provide you with it next week. If you have questions, do not hesitate to write or call me. Below the line, you can find all my adress information.

To finish this message, I wish you a wunderful evening and a fruitful continuation of the working week.

Yours sincerely

Bas Roufs.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Viaconsensus
Juridisch en politiek advies voor ethisch en duurzaam ondernemerschap
 Legal and political consultancy for ethical and sustainable business
Consulenza giuridica e politica per l'imprenditoria etica e sostenibile
drs. Bas G. Roufs
Van 't Hoffstraat 1
NL-3514 VT  UTRECHT
Nederland, The Netherlands