Re: [strawbale] Number of Strawbale Houses per country?

Hello Hannes,

In Romania in 1998 there was one strawbale 'extension' made (as a
workshop by Harald) - a first floor of straw added on top of an already
existing stone ground floor. So I guess you could count this as a half
point...!

Then in summer 99 we built a 45m2 house.

As far as I know they are the only two there, although of course many
people's houses in the countryside are made from straw and mud.

The climate in Romania is very hot in summer (up to 40 degrees) and very
cold in winter (down to -20 or more...). Our house survived a very heavy
winter without even being plastered!

Cheers,
Simon