[strawbale] Cassiopeia with English resume

Good morning again straw bale people:

A time ago we presented the Cassiopeia-project to you. We are 4 young guys from
Norway with a sailboat, a 28 ft Shipman, which we will use to travel around the world. On our world tour we will combine adventure with a study of traditional building technique and traditional agriculture.

All of us are interested in ecologic house building after participating the "Brobyggerskolen"; a school for ecologic thinking and sustainable development with practical and concrete projects in
Russia and Eastern Europe. As students from Brobyggerskolen we built a 250m2 straw bale house in Latvia.

Now we work with straw bale house-projects in Norway to save money for our sailing trip.

When we travel we will visit many countries where we can learn about traditional building technique, we will write about these topics and take pictures. The material we create will be published on our web page.

Read about the project in English:

http://www.cassiopeia.no/index_eng.htm

This page gives a better understanding of what we will do.

In Gambia we will build a house for poor children in October/ November 2001. Gambia expert and author Annfinn Tuv asked us to lead the rising of a little school building. Next to this house we will build a “kitchen” house for food preparing, with the local technique, earth and clay round house.

We also know about a place in Senegal where they work with traditional cultures like architecture and agriculture which we will visit.

We also want to get practical experience and participate in other actual and related projects. This is where we need your help. In advance we need contacts so that we can plan our time and route. So if you know about places or projects which relate to straw bale building or other ecologic stuff we will be grateful (addresses, names, good ideas, or crazy ideas).

Our route: Norway, Holland (8.aug), South-England (14.aug.), Portugal/Spain (24.aug.), Morocco (30.aug.), Cape Verde (20sept.), Senegal (1.oct.), Gambia (15.oct.), Guinea-Bissau (1dec.), Brazil (25.jan. 2002), Argentina, Chile. After this we will sail the Pacific, and we dream on.

We leave Oslo 1.august 2001 at 2.00 pm. and will be away for 1-2 years.

Do you have answers or questions? Please ask.

Daniel says goodbye

Thank you, greetings from Sigurd Hals, Kenneth Thomassen, Markus Koot and Daniel Koot.

E-mail: crew@cassiopeia...